- Not every article on self-help, guidance, relationships, beauty and cows drinking from tea cups applies to you.
- Your parents? They are awesome and right about most things. Their love and advice is unselfish and pure. Take it and appreciate it.
- That zit? You don’t need to cake it with make up. Leave it be and it will heal in a few days. Poke, pinch and pop it and the mark will stay for months or even years.
- Putting pen to paper is oddly satisfying. I should know, I am doing it right now! Give the laptop a break every once in a while.
- Cooking is not as hard as you may think! You cannot live off of 2 minute noodles (some of which have too much MFG) for life. I can make a mean sandwich, a semi-burnt batch of pancakes and a killer pasta. Yes, I’m still learning this one.
- What high school nemesis who you wanted to bump into at the airport while boarding your private jet in 2050? You will not even remember his/her name. Besides, fuel is precious! You would not want to waste it on a private jet ride.
- There is nothing like a perfect man in the general sense. There is a perfect man for you. Find one who motivates you to climb higher and cleans up the cuts and bruises you get while falling down once in a while. Oh yes, stop looking so hard!
- Your family is precious. They will love you and celebrate you like no other. They are golden.
- It’s never too late to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Ever so often you may fall into the junk food pothole but you can always climb out and continue trying.
- It’s never too early to start chasing your dreams. Send out that CV, talk to that person, search for it on Google. (Make a CV!)
- People die. So do pets.
- Keep learning. As my inspiration, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie said: “Always just try, because you never know.”